What We Offer
- Individual and couple counselling.
- Anger Management classes for men who are prepared to take responsibility in changing their abusive/violent behaviour and need help with anger management.
- Telephone/Skype counselling sessions for both men and women who need help with anger management.
- Couples Workshops.
- Women’s Workshops.
- Webinar Workshops
- Assist women with individual counselling who feel scared, pressured, humiliated or controlled.
- Counselling for teenagers, who wish to address issues around dealing with anger management, self-esteem, assertiveness and dealing with parent conflicts.
- One day workshops for Personal Development for Anger Management and Communication Skills.
- School programs for secondary colleges to empower students to manage their anger and learn new skills to resolve conflict.
- 90 minute workshops for secondary schools where David works with students, dealing with anger problems and providing help with anger management.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
Counselling lets you talk about your problems in a safe and confidential setting. It also helps you understand how problems can take over and stop you living the life you prefer.
Counselling can assist with identifying your strengths and learn skills to manage moods and behaviour, take control of your life, and develop more effective relationships.
Counselling is a small, smart investment in personal power and happiness that can help with anger management and improve the quality of your life.
At Heavy M.E.T.A.L, David Nugent’s motto is “Get in tune with yourself, your kids, your partner and your life”. David can help you develop your personal strengths and skills to solve problems, build better relationships and feel happier and more in control of your life. Everyone is welcome to contact David. He offers a free referral service – should he not be able to help you, he will see that you are well networked with good quality alternative service providers.
David Nugent believes…
- That men can change their behaviour.
- That men have rich and varied emotions but some men have not had the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills to express these feelings.
- There is more than one way for a man to act and be. There are choices, which need to be recognised.
- Attending counselling is a sign of strength, not an act of weakness or admission to failure. Taking action to improve an issue or problems is a strong responsible thing to do.
His aim is to assist in the development and enhancement of men’s capacity to grow, establish more appropriate ways of coping with their environment and help men dealing with anger problems to have rewarding relationships.
- To help men who need help with anger management to lead a non-violent lifestyle
- To help men dealing with anger management to identify, understand, and take responsibility for their behaviour, attitudes and emotional reactions.
- To provide support and strategies that help men through their crisis of change from abusive behaviour to non-abusive behaviour.
- To contribute to an improved, safer situation for family members and encourage men to treat women and children with respect and equality.
- Men dealing with anger problems are invited to help each other in a positive, open and supportive environment.
Do you want to improve in some areas of your life, such as…
If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you have always got.
Is it not time to change your behaviour?
What have you got to lose?
How’s your relationship working for you so far?
Are you SAD?
If so, maybe it is time to come and speak with David Nugent about dealing with anger problems.