- The person registering for the service acknowledges that he/she is willing and able to commence telephone counselling. What this means is the person can:
- Use a telephone system sufficiently well enough to be able to communicate with a counsellor, and
- Can speak and understand English concepts well, and
- Is aged eighteen (18) years or over
- The person seeking help agrees that if he/she is in a crises situation and requires emergency assistance that they will NOT rely solely on the telephone counselling service and will seek appropriate assistance. For example, by ringing:
- “000” Emergency
- Lifeline 24 hour crisis counselling line on 13 11 14
- Local Doctor/Hospita
- The administration of the telephone counselling service ensures that all hardcopy material relating to the person seeking help is stored in a secure place.
- The person seeking help understands that the telephone service is not responsible for fraudulent interception of telephone communications, and that email communication may be subject to access by others online because the telephone counselling email system is not encrypted.
- The person seeking help understands and accepts that the booking officer will respond to a registration within 24 hours if the booking is requested by either email or fax.
- The person seeking help may terminate telephone counselling at any time by informing the counsellor of their wishes. The person seeking help understands and accepts that the counsellor, David Nugent, may also withdraw services at any time and that if this should occur a reason(s) will be provided.
- The person seeking help understands and accepts that telephone-counselling fees are to be paid by credit card prior to the commencement of telephone counselling and fees are not generally refunded.
- The person seeking help agrees to pay the amount stipulated at the time of registration for each session and to provide credit card details on each occasion.
- The administration of the telephone counselling service acknowledges that credit card details are not stored and that information relating to credit cards will not be divulged to anyone.
- The person seeking help acknowledges that all information provided to the booking officer is true and correct.
- The person seeking help understands that the staff of the telephone counselling service will protect private and confidential information, and only in the case of possible harm to you and /or to others, would any information be reported to appropriate authorities.
- The person seeking help understands that David Nugent as a counsellor undertakes confidential, professional clinical supervision (in accordance with “best practice” in counselling) and that within the supervision the case may be discussed without divulging identifying details.
Disclaimer: David Nugent as a counsellor is not able to provide any warranty or guarantee of resolution of problems (either expressed or implied). In no event shall he be liable to any person(s) for any loss or damage of any kind that may occur because of his service(s). Any information, strategies, skills and interventions referred to through the counselling process are to be used at your own discretion.
The Heavy M.E.T.A.L Group services willingly adhere to the Privacy Act and The Privacy Amendment Act (2001) and will protect the hard copy of your details - private and confidential.
How To Start
If you agree with the above terms & conditions and would like to begin telephone counselling with David, please click here to download our booking form and return to us as soon as possible by email or fax.